Complaints about the Housing Service:

We take all complaints seriously and want to put things right if they go wrong.

We define a complaint as an expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of service, actions or lack of action by the organisation, its own staff, or those acting on its behalf, affecting an individual resident or group of residents.

If you’re not satisfied with the service you’ve received from us, we encourage you to first contact us directly to tell us what happened so we can try to resolve the issue informally and as quickly as possible.

Contact the Housing Services Team:
Contact us via our online form or
Telephone: 01322 343434

If you’d like to use the Council’s formal complaints procedure, please visit the Corporate Complaints page.

Housing Ombudsman

The Housing Ombudsman is set up by law to look at complaints about the housing organisations that are registered with them. They resolve disputes involving tenants and leaseholders of social landlords (housing associations and local authorities) and their voluntary members. They can investigate a complaint once it has exhausted the landlord's complaints process. They can also provide information and advice on making a complaint to a landlord. Their service is free, independent and impartial.

Complaint Handling Code Self-Assessment:

The Housing Ombudsman has published a Complaint Handling Code. This sets out good practice for social landlords to help them respond to complaints effectively and fairly.

We’ve carried out a self-assessment to see how we’re performing as a social landlord against the Code.

Housing Ombudsman Complaint Handling Code: Self-assessment can be viewed here.

Make Things Right:

Make Things Right is a Government campaign to raise awareness and understanding of the complaints process for social housing residents.