Dartford has a fantastic tradition of hosting markets, and our traditional weekly Thursday and Saturday makets remain as popular as ever.
Our regular markets:
The Thursday Market:
Dartford's weekly Thursday Market is held in Dartford High Street.
There are a wide range of goods on sale as well as several food and drink concessions for those who want some refreshment whilst shopping.
The Saturday Market:
The Saturday Market also takes place in Dartford High Street from 9am to 5pm and is extremely popular with shoppers and traders.
Typical items available at Dartford Markets:
- Food - fruit and greengrocery, frozen foods, fresh meat, fresh fish and shellfish, groceries, sweets
- Fashion - men's, ladies and children's, clothes, sportswear, shoes, trainers, accessories
- Jewellery - gold, silver, costume jewellery, watches
- Home and garden - garden plants, cut flowers, garden furniture, kitchenware, linen, curtains, electrical goods, computer hardware/software, carpets, cd's and tapes
- Refreshments - hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, rolls, cakes, burgers and oriental cuisine
The Market management team are members of the Dartford Town Against Crime (DTAC) scheme, which is committed to making the retail environment a better and safer place to trade and shop. Further details about the DTAC scheme can be found on the Community Safety webpages
To find out more about renting a pitch on either of Dartford's Markets, please contact our Market Manager on 07876 441460, or contact the Markets Team online.