Special collections - Bulky Household Items

The Council can arrange for a contractor to collect and dispose of large bulky household waste such as furniture or large appliances (available only to Dartford Borough Council residents). For example, this includes sofas, beds, wardrobes, tables, chairs, carpets, televisions, fridges, freezers and washing machines. If you wish to dispose of bulky items yourself, please refer to information about our Household Waste Recycling Centres

There is a charge for our collection and disposal service of £35 for up to 10 items, with extra items charged at £2 per item.

Book a special collection using our online request and payment form. This will raise an order directly with the collection contractors.

The form will ask you to pick the items you need collected and pick a date for the collection.
It takes only a couple of minutes to complete, and you will receive and email confirmation of your booking. We will also send you a reminder of your collection the day before it is due.

You may also Re-arrange or Cancel a Bulky Waste collection that you have already booked

Please note:

  • The team carrying out the collections are only allowed to collect the items listed in your order
  • The team are not allowed to enter any property to carry out a special collection. All items to be collected must be placed outside by 6am on the collection day, and be easily accessible
  • We will not provide a refund if the items are not ready for collection on the date booked when the team arrive to collect them
  • Fridges and items that may contain Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) such as sofas and armchairs will be collected separately, but on the same date of your booking. 
  • Due to their size, we can collect a maximum of two sofas as part of the collection
  • We do not collect some items such as rubble, hardcore, soil, kitchen units, bathroom suites, fence panels and garden waste. Large bulky household items only please

Please use the online request and payment form .