You will need to apply for listed building consent if:

  • You want to demolish a listed building or
  • You want to alter or extend a listed building which would affect its character as a building of special architectural of historical interest

You are advised to check first, whether Listed Building Consent is required and guidance on whether the work is acceptable. The Council offer free pre-application advice to works to Listed Buildings.

More information on Listed Buildings and works to Listed Buildings can be found on the Historic England website.

We now scan all paper documents that we receive so that they are available to view on our web site. This will include the application, supporting documents and contact details. Such information is part of the statutory register and the Council has a duty to make it available.

It is a criminal offence to carry out unauthorised works to a listed building.