Name: Addressing new properties
Description: New developments

Addressing new properties

There are two types of development that will require the Council to issue new addresses. These are those with new streets (Major Development) and those without (Minor Development). Please click on the link to the left for the development type you require.

Regardless of the type of development, all new street names and new numbering schemes must be approved by Dartford Borough Council. Developments named and/or numbered by the developer alone may be subject to change.

It is essential that properties are numbered properly before they are occupied. If you have not applied for street naming and/or numbering before this time, there will be a delay in addresses being registered and postcodes being allocated which could mean that new residents experience difficulties when dealing with service providers who use postcodes to locate properties.

  • Minor Developments

    Minor developments are those that do not have new streets associated with them. This can be a development consisting of a single house, 10 new houses, an apartment block with 300 flats or the like
  • Major Developments

    Major Developments are those that include new streets being built

Last Updated: 14th December 2020