Housing strategy and policy documents
The Housing Policy and Development Team aim to deliver an excellent service to residents and internal and external customers. The team are responsible for the development of all the Council's housing related policies and strategies; monitoring local and national housing issues, assessing housing need and working with partners to maximise the supply of affordable housing and mange the Council's own new build programme.
The documents below have been produced by the team and its partners in response to identified housing needs and legislation set by Government:
- Housing Revenue Account Business Plan
- Annual Report
- Housing Research
- Performance and Consultations
- Contact Information
Homelessness Review 2016/2017
As required by law, the Council has carried out a review of homelessness in the district. The Review and Executive Summary can be found in the document below. The Council will use the findings to produce a revised Homeless Strategy in 2018.
A strategy sets out a long term vision and contains actions/targets which are required to achieve that vision. All of the Council's strategies are monitored to ensure that they are meeting their targets, however some are monitored and implemented by multi-agency partnerships too.
- Empty Property Strategy 2009 - 2014 PDF, 193.75 KB
- Kent Health and Affordable Warmth Strategy PDF, 949.84 KB
- Private Sector Renewal Strategy PDF, 1827.05 KB
- Supporting People Strategy 2010 - 2015 PDF, 884.69 KB
- Tenancy Strategy 2013 PDF, 891.11 KB
A policy sets out what a person can expect from a service.
- Allocations Policy 2014 PDF, 674.85 KB
- Anti-Social Behaviour Policy PDF, 346.08 KB
- Assignment Policy PDF, 460.74 KB
- Compensation for Improvements Policy PDF, 359.91 KB
- Decant Policy PDF, 494.73 KB
- Disabled Adaptations Policy for Council Tenants PDF, 329.42 KB
- Demoted Tenancy Policy PDF, 744.36 KB
- Disabled Facilities Grants Policy PDF, 703.48 KB
- Home Enterprise Policy PDF, 292.09 KB
- Housing Enforcement Policy March 2009 PDF, 1235.83 KB
- Management Transfer Policy PDF, 452.3 KB
- Private Sector Housing Enforcement Policy 2014 PDF, 1235.83 KB
- Rent Arrears Policy PDF, 590.09 KB
- Repairs Policy 2014 PDF, 504.69 KB
- Tenancy Fraud Policy PDF, 465.97 KB
- Tenancy Policy 2013 PDF, 847.13 KB
- Void Standard PDF, 128.03 KB
- Vulnerable Adults' Housing Policy PDF, 363.59 KB
Dartford Borough Council has signed up to various joint working protocols around homelessness. These explain how agencies will work together to address the needs of homeless people.
- Full annual report to tenants and leaseholders 2010 PDF, 569.4 KB
- Full annual report to tenants and leaseholders 2011/12 PDF, 266.71 KB
- Full annual report to tenants and leaseholders 2012/13 PDF, 285.68 KB
- Full annual report to tenants and leaseholders 2013/14 PDF, 265.6 KB
- Full annual report to tenants and leaseholders 2014/15 PDF, 367.07 KB
- Full annual report to tenants and leaseholders 2015/16 PDF, 501.84 KB
- Private Sector Stock Condition Survey 2008 - Executive Summary PDF, 308.05 KB
- Private Sector Stock Condition Survey 2008 - Full report
- Housing Needs Survey 2006 - Full report PDF, 1491.25 KB
- Housing Needs Survey 2006 - Executive Summary PDF, 231.42 KB
- Housing Needs Survey 2006 - Balancing Housing Markets Report PDF, 593.24 KB
You can contact the Housing Policy and Development Team on 01322 343683 or Online: Contact the Housing Strategy Team.
Information covering the council's Domestic abuse housing strategy