Housing strategy and policy documents
The Housing Policy and Development Team aim to deliver an excellent service to residents and internal and external customers. The team are responsible for the development of all the Council's housing related policies and strategies; monitoring local and national housing issues, assessing housing need and working with partners to maximise the supply of affordable housing and manage the Council's own new build programme.
The documents below have been produced by the team and its partners in response to identified housing needs and legislation set by Government:
Homelessness Review 2016/2017
As required by law, the Council has carried out a review of homelessness in the district. The Review and Executive Summary can be found in the document below. The Council has used these findings to develop its 2019-2023 Homelessness and Rough Sleeper Strategy for the Borough. Please see list below for a copy of the Strategy.
A strategy sets out a long term vision and contains actions/targets which are required to achieve that vision. All of the Council's strategies are monitored to ensure that they are meeting their targets, however some are monitored and implemented by multi-agency partnerships too.
- Homelessness and Rough Sleeper Strategy 2019 - 2023 PDF, 461.82 KB
- Private Sector Renewal Strategy PDF, 2803.94 KB
- Tenancy Strategy 2013 PDF, 1480.74 KB
A policy sets out what a person can expect from a service.
- Accommodation Policy PDF, 680.98 KB
- Acquisition of private properties for council housing PDF, 173.94 KB
- Allocations Policy 2020 PDF, 495.02 KB
- Anti-Social Behaviour Policy PDF, 542.16 KB
- Assignment Policy PDF, 469.59 KB
- Compensation for Improvements Policy PDF, 366.91 KB
- Decant Policy PDF, 503.92 KB
- Disabled Adaptations Policy for Council Tenants PDF, 338.4 KB
- Disabled Facilities Grants Policy PDF, 715.27 KB
- Discretionary Assistance Policy PDF, 408.37 KB
- Demoted Tenancy Policy PDF, 754.63 KB
- Fit and Proper Persons Determination Policy PDF, 1104.85 KB
- Fit and Proper Persons Fees Policy PDF, 366.74 KB
- Home Enterprise Policy PDF, 317.01 KB
- Major Works and Service Charges Policy for Leaseholders PDF, 527.23 KB
- Management Transfer Policy PDF, 265.17 KB
- Private Sector Housing Enforcement and Licensing Policy PDF, 1662.59 KB
- Property Conversion Policy PDF, 375.33 KB
- Rent Arrears Policy PDF, 427.2 KB
- Repairs and Maintenance Policy 2020 PDF, 520.99 KB
- Tenancy Fraud Policy PDF, 474.91 KB
- Tenancy Policy PDF, 332.95 KB
- Void Standard PDF, 716.78 KB
- Vulnerable Adults' Housing Policy PDF, 396.83 KB
Dartford Borough Council has signed up to various joint working protocols around housing and homelessness that have been developed or supported by the Kent Housing Group membership. These explain how agencies will work together to respond to both national and local demands upon services provided. For more information, please visit the Kent Housing Group website.
- Private Sector Stock Condition Survey 2008 - Executive Summary PDF, 599.89 KB
- Private Sector Stock Condition Survey 2008 - Full report
You can contact the Housing Policy and Development Team using the online form: Contact the Housing Policy and Development Team.
Performance monitoring is fundamental to identifying how well the Housing Service is doing and where improvements can be made