Environmental Health Matters can be reported to the councils out of hour's answering service.

This service can be contacted on (01322) 343434.  This is a free service and you will not be charged for calling Environmental Health.  Details of your issue will be recorded and allocated to an officer who will endeavour to contact you the next working day.

Urgent Environmental Health complaints such as constantly sounding intruder alarms affecting large numbers of residents or other issues that have significant impact on public health may be passed to an officer for immediate attention where necessary.

Non-Urgent Calls:

  • 1st time complaints about neighbour noise or one off/occasional parties.
  • DIY/Construction Works
  • Dog barking
  • Bonfires
  • Industrial plant or machinery
  • Light Nuisance

These issues will be investigated as per our normal service response times (ie: within 7 working days). If you wish to make a complaint about an non-urgent matter please Report the matter online.

The NoiseApp:

You can use the NoiseApp to make a recording of noise nuisance. Recordings made using the NoiseApp can be listened to by our officers and can help us to assess your complaint.

Full instructions for the noise app can be obtained here