Paid parking for on and off street spaces
All of the Council's parking areas are patrolled in order to ensure they operate as intended, especially for short stay parking areas where the spaces are used by many vehicles throughout the course of a day.
Drivers should follow these simple rules in order to avoid receiving a parking fine (PCN):
- Park vehicles wholly within marked bays
- During the signed times, purchase a ticket from the pay-and-display machine and place it on the dashboard with the relevant price paid and expiry time legible through the windscreen unless the car park operates a ticketless system (Acacia Car Park & Mansion House Gardens Car Park)
- Register your parking event using the RingGo Mobile Phone App
- You can also register your parking event by calling RingGo using the local rate number 01322 917527.
- Blue Badge holders are able to park for up to three hours without charge as long as their Blue Badge is valid and displayed correctly with the parking clock set at the time of arrival
- Some car parks have areas/bays designated for specific vehicle types and only those vehicle types may park in those areas/bays
Self-adhesive pay-and-display ticket holders are available from the Civic Centre for £1.00 each and these will assist in the correct displaying of a valid pay-and-display ticket.
Season Tickets are available for £60 per month in monthly intervals up to a maximum of twelve months. Season Tickets are available for the Council's car parks in Overy Street Car Park, Acacia Car Park, Highfield Road South Car Park & Town Car Park (Eagles Road Greenhithe) and provide significant cost savings for regular users.
Apply for a Season Ticket using the Council's permit application service
Civic Centre Car Park:
The Civic Centre car park is barrier controlled and is open to members of the public: Mondays to Fridays 5pm to 9pm; Saturdays 6am to 9pm; and Sundays 2pm to 6pm.