Assets of Community Value Privacy Notice
Privacy Notice for Assets of Community Value
We provide an Asset of Community Value Right to Nominate and Bid (ACV) service which enables qualifying community interest groups to nominate local land or buildings to be included in our list of assets of community value. When a listed asset is to be sold, community interest groups with a legal identity will have the opportunity to make a bid to buy the asset on the open market.
We need to collect your personal information to administer this service.
Most of the personal information we hold about you is provided by you in your application(s) and supporting document(s). The information collected and held will vary and depend on the nature of the service.
Processing activity - we will process personal information relating to:
- nomination application(s);
- right to bid (expressions of interest) application(s);
- notice of inclusion;
- notice of removal;
- listing review(s);
- appeal(s) against listing review(s);
- reviews of compensation decision(s);
- appeals against compensation review decision(s);
- Land Registry notices and restrictions;
- publication of proposed sale;
- general correspondence between you and us on matters related to the ACV service
Information requirements - our processing activities may include:
- your address, telephone number, email address (applicant and/or agent);
- site address/location of building;
- list of assets of community value;
- list of unsuccessful community nominations;
- appeals to First Tier Tribunal (General Regulatory Chamber)
Lawful bases1- our lawful bases for processing your personal information are:
- our legal obligations under the Land Registration Rules 2003
- our legal obligation(s) under the Localism Act 2011
- our legal obligation(s) under the Assets of Community Value (England) Regulations 2012
- necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Data Controller under the above legislation
Data sharing - we may share your personal information with councillors and our planning services department. We may rely on a number of exemptions, which allow us to share information without needing to comply with all the rights and obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018. Please refer to the Kent and Medway Information Agreement for further details on our sharing arrangements.
Retention period - we keep your personal information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this Privacy Notice will be kept in accordance with the retention periods referred to in our Data Retention and Disposal Policy and Schedule. All information will be held securely and disposed of confidentially.
Right to object - where processing your personal information is required for the performance of a public interest task (see our lawful bases above), you have the right to object on ‘grounds relating to your particular situation’. We will have to demonstrate why it is appropriate for us to continue to use your personal data.
Changes to this Privacy Notice - we review this Privacy Notice regularly and will place updates on our website.
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details of how we process your personal information and for details on your additional rights.
1 Note that we may process your personal information on more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your information
GDPR Privacy Notice Assets of Community Value