We provide a range of community-based funding and grants for projects such as community sport and recreational facilities and activities that benefit the young and old.Other grant funding projects may added from time to time, such as the ‘Ukraine Welcome Pack’
We may administer the application process for a number of Government grant funding initiatives or through a delivery partner.
Processing activity - it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you which will be used for the administration of our grants service.
Information requirements - the personal information we collect from you when you apply will include:
Community based funding and grants
- name (including organisation name), address, telephone number(s), email address
- main purpose/activities
- general correspondence between you and us on matters related to your application
- bank details
- digital images (to promote out grant schemes)
Ukraine Welcome Pack
- evidence that you live in the borough (council tax bill would be ideal)
- evidence of your link to Ukraine (for example a Ukrainian passport or Visa)
- bank account details (a statement showing name, address, account number and sort code) - this is where any payment will be sent
- name of business
- business trading address including postcode
- unique identifier (preferably Company Reference Number if applicable. If not applicable, VAT Registration Number, Self Assessment/Partnership Number, National Insurance Number, Unique Taxpayer Reference, Registered Charity Number )
- high level SIC Code
- nature of business
- date business established
- number of employees
- Council account number e.g. business rates
- such other information as directed by Government
We will share anonymous aggregated data with Government for statistical reporting purposes.
Lawful bases1 - our lawful bases for processing your personal information are:
- necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest; or
- in the exercise of official authority vested in us,
pursuant to the:
- Local Government Act 1972 - section 137(where there is a direct benefit to the area or part of the area or to some or all of the inhabitants and provided there is no alternative power whether limited or conditional or not and no statutory prohibition to the use of this power)
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 - section 19 (recreational facilities)
- Local Government Act 2003 (section 31) – (Government grant funding) with ancillary powers confirmed by the Local Government Act 1972 section 111 and Localism Act 2011 section 1
Data sharing - your information may be shared with relevant service departments and in relation to community based funding and grants, where applicable, with the Dartford Health Team Leader. We are required by law to protect the public funds we administer.
We may share your information if we are required to do so by law - for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime. We may also share your information with a number of other organisations for example with the Ombudsmen (where you have complained to the Ombudsmen and we are asked to investigate your complaint). We may share your information with elected Councillors and/or Member of Parliament where you have asked them to represent you.
We may rely on a number of exemptions, which allow us to share information without needing to comply with all the rights and obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018. Please refer to the Kent and Medway Information Agreement for further details on our sharing arrangements.
Retention period - We keep your personal information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this Privacy Notice will be kept in accordance with the retention periods referred to in the Policy and Corporate Support Information Asset Register. All information will be held securely and disposed of confidentially.
Right to object - where processing your personal information is required for the performance of a public interest task (see our lawful bases above), you have the right to object on ‘grounds relating to your particular situation’. We will have to demonstrate why it is appropriate for us to continue to use your personal data.
Changes to this Privacy Notice - we review this Privacy Notice regularly and will place updates on our website.
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details of how we process your personal information and for details on your additional rights.
1 Note that we may process your personal information on more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your information
GDPR Grants Service Privacy Notice