Grants Service Privacy Notice
Privacy Notice for the Grants Service
We provide a range of community-based funding and grants for projects such as community sport and recreational facilities and activities that benefit the young and old.
Processing activity - it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you which will be used for the administration of our grants service.
Information requirements - the personal information we collect from you when you apply will include:
- Name (including organisation name), address, telephone number(s), email address
- main purpose/activities
- general correspondence between you and us on matters related to your application
- bank details
- digital images (to promote out grant schemes)
Lawful bases1 - our lawful bases for processing your personal information are:
- necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest; or
- in the exercise of official authority vested in us,
pursuant to the:
- Local Government Act 1972 - section 137(where there is a direct benefit to the area or part of the area or to some or all of the inhabitants and provided there is no alternative power whether limited or conditional or not and no statutory prohibition to the use of this power)
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 - section 19
Data sharing - your information may be shared with the relevant service department and where applicable, the Dartford Health Team Leader. We are required by law to protect the public funds we administer. We may share your information if we are required to do so by law - for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime. We may also share your information with a number of other organisations for example with the Ombudsman (where you have complained to the Ombudsman and we are asked to investigate your complaint). We may share your information with elected Councillors and/or Member of Parliament where you have asked them to represent you.
We may rely on a number of exemptions, which allow us to share information without needing to comply with all the rights and obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018. Please refer to the Kent and Medway Information Agreement for further details on our sharing arrangements.
Retention period - We keep your personal information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this Privacy Notice will be kept in accordance with the retention periods referred to in the Policy and Corporate Support Information Asset Register. All information will be held securely and disposed of confidentially.
Right to object - where processing your personal information is required for the performance of a public interest task (see our lawful bases above), you have the right to object on ‘grounds relating to your particular situation’. We will have to demonstrate why it is appropriate for us to continue to use your personal data.
Changes to this Privacy Notice - we review this Privacy Notice regularly and will place updates on our website.
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details of how we process your personal information and for details on your additional rights.
1 Note that we may process your personal information on more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your information
GDPR Grants Service Privacy Notice