Through our Corporate Plan, we aim to provide for a rich and varied quality of life, for the benefit of our communities. We do this by increasing the opportunities for participation in cultural and leisure activities in the Borough of Dartford.
Through One You Kent, we organise, promote or sponsor a number of free walks, for the public throughout the year.
Processing activity – we collect your personal information when you join a walk for the first time.
Information requirements – the information we hold about you may include:
- your name, email address and other contact information
- records of communications received from you
Lawful basis – our lawful basis for processing your personal information is:
- UK GDPR Article 6(1)(a) – you have given consent to the processing of your personal information including special category personal data i.e. information concerning your health and medical conditions (e.g. disability) and ethnicity, for the purposes detailed in this privacy notice.
Anonymisation- we may collect diversity information about your racial or ethnic origin. This personal information is converted ('anonymised') into statistical or aggregated data in such a way that ensures that you cannot be identified from it. Aggregated data cannot by definition, be linked back to you as an individual and may be used to conduct research and analysis, including the preparation of statistics for use in our reports. We will use anonymised data to record the number of participants in our walks.
Reasons for processing – our purpose for collecting this information is so we can facilitate the walk and provide you with an acceptable service. We will use the information to email you the local promotional walking events. If there is an accident or incident, we will use this information to contact your next of kin. We may also contact you regarding walk cancellations. Each time you attend a walk, we will ask for your name and postcode so that we can record your attendance.
Data sharing - we may share information with:
- relevant Council departments
- Kent County Council’s Public Health Department (for monitoring and evaluation purposes only)
- Kent Sport.org (yearly numerical anonymised data only)
- co-organisers or partners who are involved in the delivery of the walk programme (only where it is necessary for them to receive the information)
- NHS (in case you fall ill or injure yourself during the walk)
We may also rely on a number of exemptions, which allow us to share information without needing to comply with all the rights and obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018. Please refer to the Kent & Medway Information Agreement for further details on our sharing arrangements.
Retention period - we keep your personal information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this Privacy Notice will be kept for 3 years from the date of the walk unless exceptional circumstances require longer retention e.g. a pending court case. All information will be held securely and disposed of confidentially.
Right to object – Where processing your personal information with your consent (see our lawful basis above), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. We will have to demonstrate why it is appropriate for us to continue to use your personal data.
Changes to this Privacy Notice – we review this Privacy Notice regularly and will place updates on our website.
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details of how we process your personal information and your rights.