Our Tenants and Leaseholders Forum work as a group to ensure that the views and housing needs of our residents are recognised and addressed by us in the delivery of our housing services.
Most of the personal information we hold about you as a member of the Forum is provided by you.
Processing activity - we will process personal information relating to:
- your application and associated documentation to become a member of the Forum;
- general correspondence between you and us on matters related to Forum business
Information requirements - our processing activities may include your address, telephone number, email address, photo ID and emergency and GP contact details.
Lawful basis -our lawful basis for processing your personal information are:
- UK GDPR Article 6(1)(a) - consent
- UK GDPR Article 6(1)(e) and Data Protection Act 2018, s8(c) - is that it is necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us under the Housing Act 1985
- UK GDPR Articles 9(1) and 9(2)g) as supplemented by DPA 2018, section 10(3) and Schedule 1, Part 2, paras. 6(1) and (2)(a) – special category data such as health data - processed for reasons of substantial public interest under the law that applies to us (see above). We have a Data Protection Policy that sets out how this information will be handled.
Data sharing - we may share your personal information with a number of third parties eg: when booking or making your travel arrangements for your attendance at conferences etc.
Retention period - we keep your personal information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this Privacy Notice will be retained for as long as you remain a Forum member. All information will be held securely and disposed of confidentially.
We will not sell your personal information to third parties.
Right to object - where processing your personal information is required for the performance of a public interest task (see our lawful basis above), you have the right to object on ‘grounds relating to your particular situation’. We will have to demonstrate why it is appropriate for us to continue to use your personal data.
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details of how we process your personal information and for details on your additional rights.
GDPR Privacy Notice Tenants and Leaseholders Forum