We are in partnership with Kent County Council, Dover Borough Council and Gravesham Borough Council in the 4-year Triple-A project, funded by the European Interreg 2 Seas programme and co-financed by the European Fund for Regional Development. The project seeks to support homeowners to adopt different low- carbon technologies in their homes. In Kent, we are seeking to test the benefits of solar photovoltaic technology linked with battery storage in a home setting, through a pilot project.
Kent County Council is the project lead.
Processing activity - In general we will process personal information relating to:
- the adoption of low-carbon technologies by homeowners
- testing the Triple-A approach (improved access to, and awareness of low carbon technologies, to trigger the adoption of these low-carbon technologies by homeowners)
- testing mechanisms that enable homeowners to better access these technologies, via demonstrations of technologies in real-life scenarios, and provision of consultancy and financial advice which are tailored to the individual needs and resources of homeowners
- trialling innovative new approaches to installing and adopting low carbon technologies by testing the potential benefits of battery storage units for storing energy generated through solar panels
- developing sustainable, attractive and affordable mechanisms for supporting residents to make energy improvements to their homes
Information requirements - our processing activities may include:
- your name, telephone number, email address
- site address
- energy data from your home
- your opinion on the technologies installed and the perceived benefits (opinion/perception data)
Lawful bases - Uk GDPR Article 6(1)(a) - our lawful basis for processing your personal information is that you freely consent to us collecting and using your personal information. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Processor - Energy Saving Specialist Ltd (ESS Ltd) processes personal information on our behalf in accordance with our written instructions.
Data sharing - we may share with and receive personal information from our partner organisations, our energy data specialist (or qualified supplier), the Project Team working on the pilot project in Kent and Daedalus Environmental Ltd working as a consultant for Kent County Council to evaluate the installation of, and potential benefits of, the solar PV technology, battery technology and HEMS in a home setting.
We may rely on a number of exemptions, which allow us to share information without needing to comply with all the rights and obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018. Please refer to the Kent and Medway Information Agreement for further details on our sharing arrangements.
Retention period - we keep your personal information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this Privacy Notice will be kept for 6 years after the last action. All information will be held securely and disposed of confidentially.
Anonymisation- your personal information is converted ('anonymised') into statistical or aggregated data in such a way that ensures that you cannot be identified from it. Aggregated data cannot by definition, be linked back to you as an individual and may be used to conduct research and analysis, including the preparation of statistics for use in our reports. Anonymised data is shared with our EU Triple-A Project Partners - Delft University of Technology, City of Antwerp, City of Breda, City of Mechelen, Public Service for Energy Efficiency (PSEE) in Picardy, City of Rotterdam, Autonomous Municipal Company – Energy Saving Oostende (AG EOS), University of Ghent and Eandis.
Changes to this Privacy Notice - we review this Privacy Notice regularly and will place updates on our website.
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details of how we process your personal information and your rights.
GDPR Privacy Notice Triple A Project