The Environmental Health team aims to improve the lives of those who live, work and spend their leisure within the Dartford Borough Council area.
We aim to protect the environment and public health through education, persuasion and enforcement in relation to:
- Air Quality - We monitor pollution levels and seek to identify measures which can improve the air we breathe
- View the latest Air Quality data
- Read our latest Air Quality Status Report
- Contaminated Land - We identify land affected by contamination and work with land owners and developers to remove contamination or limit its impact upon public health
- View the Public Register of Contaminated Land
- Environmental Permitting - We issue Environmental Permits to some local industrial or business activities which emit substances into the air, water or land.
- View the list of permits issued by the Council
- Noise - We investigate complaints about noise from local residents and businesses
- Overflowing Cesspools, Septic Tanks and Sewage Treatment Plants.
- Pest Control - We manage the Council's pest control service and investigate complaints about rats, mice and insects
- Planning Advice and Guidance
- Private Water Supplies - We risk assess and test privately maintained water supplies to ensure that they are safe to drink
- Waste- We investigate complaints about rubbish and waste on private land.