IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: COVID-19
Following the latest Government guidance our planning team are now working from home. We aim to continue to provide our usual high quality of service..
You are advised to use the Planning Portal to submit your applications, as any hard copies received into the Council Offices will not be processed daily, and will cause delays to your submission.
Please use Public Access (link above) to view planning applications or submit your comments on planning applications, as any hard copies sent may not be able to be dealt with immediately.
Please remember to add your email address and mobile number to any correspondence so that we can communicate with you more efficiently and avoid the need to send out information in the post.
If there needs to be a delay in the determination of applications, for instance because a site visit cannot be completed, we will notify applicants via their agent where appropriate.
More information can be found on the following link which provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions following COVID-19 outbreak
If you have a planning permission or Listed Building Consent which requires development to be commenced between 23 March 2020 and 31 December 2020 and this has not or is not likely to happen please use the link above to find out more information as to whether the permission or Consent is being extended.
Coronavirus - operating as a hot food takeaway
To support communities through the Coronavirus outbreak the government is introducing legislation to allow the temporary change of use of a pub, restaurant or cafe to a hot-food take away without planning permission.
Those venues offering takeaway or delivery services must not include alcoholic beverages if their licence does not already permit it.
Businesses are required to tell us, as the local planning authority, when the new use begins and ends.
To notify us of your change of use, or for any further information or advice, please contact Planning Admin team.
- Guidance and tips on using Planning Public Access and viewing the Weekly List
- Hot Topics - including London Resort Theme Park
- Kent Planning Protocol ">
- Pre application advice and guidance, Planning Performance Agreements and advice on solicitor requests
- Do I need planning permission?
- Schedule of fees and guidance notes for applications
- Full list of planning applications forms, checklists and help text
- Validation Requirements for Planning Applications
- How to order your ordnance survey maps for planning, building control, land charges and street naming applications
- Submitting your application online
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- How are decisions made?
- How do I comment on an application?
- Can I amend an existing planning permission?
- Planning Appeals
- Planning Enforcement - How do I report a breach of planning permission?
- Planning Enforcement Register
- Current applications for Permissions in Principle and Technical Details