If there is only one person aged 18 or over in your home you can get a single person discount . This means that you get 25% off your bill. This only applies to your main home, where you live. You can't get it for a second home. To apply for a single person discount please contact us.

Some people aren't counted for council tax:

If there are people in your home who aren't counted, it may also mean that you can get a discount. If only one person is counted, you will get 25% off your bill. If no-one is counted, you will get 50% off your bill.

These people aren't counted for Council Tax, provided we have proof of their circumstances:

If you think you may qualify for a discount please contact us.

If you are leaving care to become independent and you're aged between 16 and 25, Kent County Council may be able to help support you through their local offer. You can visit Kent County Council's website for more information on their local offer.

If you have a vacant property you may be able to get money off your bill. For Council Tax purposes 'vacant' means unoccupied and substantially unfurnished. More information on empty properties and second homes.