The Housing Policy and Development Team aim to deliver an excellent service to residents and internal and external customers. The team are responsible for the development of all the Council's housing related policies and strategies; monitoring local and national housing issues, assessing housing need and working with partners to maximise the supply of affordable housing and help manage the Council's own new build programme.
The documents below have been produced by the team and its partners in response to identified housing needs and legislation set by Government:
- Annual Report
- Housing Research
- Contact Information
There are currently no consultations.
Homelessness Review 2016/2017:
As required by law, the Council has carried out a review of homelessness in the district. The Review and Executive Summary can be found in the document below. The Council has used these findings to develop its 2019-2023 Homelessness and Rough Sleeper Strategy for the Borough. Please see list below for a copy of the Strategy.
The Council is currently carrying out a new homeless review and will use these findings to develop a revised homelessness and rough sleeping strategy for 2023.
A strategy sets out a long term vision and contains actions/targets which are required to achieve that vision. All of the Council's strategies are monitored to ensure that they are meeting their targets, however some are monitored and implemented by multi-agency partnerships too.
- Homelessness and Rough Sleeper Strategy 2019 - 2023
- Tenancy Strategy 2021
- Private Sector Housing Renewal Strategy 2022-2025
- Temporary Accommodation Strategy 2022-2024
- Tenant and Leaseholder Engagement Strategy 2023-2026
For more information on Resident Involvement opportunities, please see our Resident Involvement page.
A policy sets out what a person can expect from a service.
- Homelessness Accommodation Policy 2019
- Acquisition of Private Properties for Council Housing 2020
- Allocations Policy 2023
- Anti-Social Behaviour Policy 2022
- Assignment Policy 2023
- Compensation for Improvements Policy 2023
- Damp, Mould and Condensation Policy for Council Tenanted Properties 2023
- Decant Policy 2021
- Disabled Adaptations Policy for Council Tenants 2016
- Disabled Facilities Grants Policy 2016
- Discretionary Assistance Policy 2021
- Demoted Tenancy Policy 2013
- Fit and Proper Persons Determination Policy 2021
- Fit and Proper Persons Fees Policy 2021
- Home Enterprise Policy 2017
- Housing Recharge Policy 2022
- Major Works and Service Charges Policy for Leaseholders 2022
- Management Transfer Policy 2013
- Policy on Consultation with Residents on Housing Policy/Strategy 2023
- Private Sector Housing Enforcement and Licensing Policy 2021
- Property Conversion Policy 2021
- Rent Arrears Policy 2022
- Repairs and Maintenance Policy 2020
- Tenancy Fraud Policy for Council Housing 2023
- Tenancy Policy 2023
- Void Standard 2015
- Vulnerable Adults' Housing Policy 2022
Dartford Borough Council has signed up to various joint working protocols around housing and homelessness that have been developed or supported by the Kent Housing Group membership. These explain how agencies will work together to respond to both national and local demands upon services provided. For more information, please visit the Kent Housing Group website.
You can contact the Housing Policy and Development Team using the online form: Contact the Housing Policy and Development Team.
Performance monitoring is fundamental to identifying how well the Housing Service is doing and where improvements can be made.