Planning applications are available to view online via Public Access.
A formal request can be made for pre application advice, but there is likely to be a charge for this depending on the proposal.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Boundary Disputes/Confirmation: You will need to contact Land Registry for this information
- Do I Need Planning Permission?: Information and guidance is available on our Householder Development page and on the Planning Portal. If you require formal confirmation as to whether Planning Permission is required or not, you can apply for a Lawful Development Certificate. Please note, we do not provide any informal advice on lawful uses/development or whether planning permission is required for proposed development due to the complexity of the planning system, and any such requests will be referred back to our website.
- Dropped Kerb Enquiries: Procedures for applying for a dropped kerb or vehicular access on to a publicly maintained highway in Dartford is available on our Dropped Kerb page
- Planning Enforcement: How do I report a breach of planning permission?
- Pre-application Advice (including building a new house(s)): The Development Management team is able to provide you with advice and information on a variety of topics
- Tree Preservation Orders: You can check on My Property to see if a tree(s) is covered by a Tree Preservation Order OR Find out if your trees are protected by a Tree Preservation Order . You can search by either address or postcode. Clicking on the TPO record when found will provide you with details, and to view a copy of the actual Order, click on MORE INFO. This link also shows the Conservation Areas within the Borough and Listed Buildings.
Emails received by the Planning Department:
Emails are monitored daily, but due to our current officer workload, we may not be able to respond by return email, however, we will endeavour to respond within 15 working days
For all other enquiries not listed above (including checking permitted development restrictions): Contact the Planning Admin Team
Please register comments on current planning applications via: Public Access Portal.