We set out in the Dartford Local Plan and other policy and infrastructure documents how our towns, land and local environment should be used and develop.
Use the 'Quick Links' below to directly access key documents and latest news (including information for on-street parking strategy). Use other headings to find out more about planning policies for individual areas and communities - and for infrastructure, housing and other topics. These approaches are drafted through public consultation and studies, and tested against national requirements:
- Latest News and Consultations
- Parking Strategy and Consultations
- Key Plans/Policies
- Dartford Town Centre
Current Planning Policy:
- Adopted Local Plans and Policies Map (Core Strategy and Development Policies Plans).
- Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) adopted.
- Stone Neighbourhood Plan 2022.
- Area of Special Advertisement Control 2016.
New Local Plan:
Infrastructure and Communities:
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
- Dartford's Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan 2023
- Neighbourhood Plans and Community Involvement
- Area Appraisals